It’s with great pleasure we can announce the 24th Educational Publishing Awards Shortlist!
Organised by the Australian Publishers Association and generously sponsored by Copyright Agency, the prestigious annual Educational Publishing Awards celebrate excellence and innovation in this thriving Australian industry. Entries were of an exceptional standard and many thanks to our fantastic judging panel for deciding the shortlist. Finally, a big congratulations to those shortlisted!
Student Resource – Mathematics (Numeracy)
• Oxford Maths Student and Assessment Books, Oxford University Press
• Problem-solving Strategies and Skills, R.I.C. Publications
Student Resource – Arts/Science/Humanities/Social Sciences/Technologies/Health and Physical Education/Languages
• Double Helix Lessons, CSIRO Publishing in partnership with Stile Education
• The Gigantic Book of Genes, Wild Dog Books (on the Louie & Ted imprint)
• Our Stories: Sportsmanship, Black Dog Books, an imprint of Walker Books Australia
• Student Science Journals, Australian Academy of Science
Student Resource – English (Literacy, Literature, Language)
• Sound Waves Online, Firefly Education Pty Ltd
• Team Reads, Macmillan Education Australia
• The Weird and Wonderful World of Words, Wild Dog Books
• Among the Gum Trees, Australian Academy of Science
• Oxford Maths Teacher Dashboard, Oxford University Press
• PM Educational Toy Packs, Nelson Cengage
• Springboard into Comprehension Assessment, Macmillan Education Australia
There were no entries in this category. It has been replaced by the Educational Picture or Chapter Book category for 2017.
Educational Picture or Chapter Book
• Amazing Australians in Their Flying Machines, Walker Books Australia
• Circle, Walker Books Australia
• Nature Storybooks: Desert Lake, Walker Books Australia
• Welcome to Country, Black Dog Books, an imprint of Walker Books Australia
• Yong, Walker Books Australia
Adaptation (Student or Teacher Resource)
• Bug Club: Plays to Read, Pearson Australia
• Twinkl Australia, Twinkl Educational Publishing
Student Resource – Junior – Mathematics/Science
• Pearson Mathematics 2nd Edition, Pearson Australia
• Pearson Science 2nd Edition Student Books and Activity Books, Pearson Australia
• ScienceWorld for the Victorian Curriculum, Macmillan Education Australia
Student Resource – Junior – English/Humanities/Languages/Arts/Technologies/Health and Physical Education
• Health and Physical Education for the Australian Curriculum, Cambridge University Press
• Inspired English, Macmillan Education Australia
• Jacaranda Geoactive 1 and 2 NSW Australian Curriculum Geography Stage 4, 4th Edition, Jacaranda
• Oxford MyEnglish 7 to 9 Victorian Curriculum, Oxford University Press
• Pearson Geography NSW, Pearson Australia
• Practice IT for the Australian Curriculum, Cambridge University Press
Student Resource – Senior – Mathematics/Science
• Nelson Biology VCE, Nelson Cengage
• Nelson Psychology VCE, Nelson Cengage
• Nelson VCE Specialist Mathematics Units 3 & 4, Nelson Cengage
Student Resource – Senior – English/Humanities/Languages/Arts/Technologies/Health and Physical Education
• HTAV Revolutions Series, History Teachers’ Association of Victoria (HTAV)
• HTAV Twentieth Century Series, History Teachers’ Association of Victoria (HTAV)
• Key Concepts in VCE Business Management Units 1‒4, 4th Edition, Jacaranda
• Living Religion 5th Edition, Nelson Cengage
• Pearson English VCE, Pearson Australia
• Religion and Society, Nelson Cengage
• The Artful English Teacher, Australian Association for the Teaching of English (AATE)
• Geography NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum Interactive Teacher Edition, Cambridge University Press
• Pearson Science 2nd Edition Teacher Companions, Pearson Australia
• A+ Study Guides for VCE, Nelson Cengage
• Australian Schoolmate Oxford Dictionary & Thesaurus 6th Edition, Oxford University Press
• Get Ahead in Grammar, Nelson Cengage
• The Invisible War: A Tale on Two Scales, Scale Free Network
TERTIARY AND TAFE
TAFE & Vocational Education: Teaching and Learning Resource
• The Big Picture 4th Edition, Cengage
• The Disability Support Worker 2nd Edition, Cengage
TAFE & Vocational Education: Student Resource
• Basic Building and Construction Skills 5th Edition, Cengage
• Basic Plumbing Services Skills 3rd Edition, Cengage
• Connect Master Hospitality Travel and Tourism for Certificate II to Diploma, McGraw-Hill Education
• The Road to Hospitality 4th Edition, Cengage
Tertiary (Adaptations): Student Resource
• Global Business Today, McGraw-Hill Education
• Pharmacology in Nursing: Australian and New Zealand 2nd Edition, Cengage
• Principles of Economics, McGraw-Hill Education
Tertiary (Adaptations): Teaching and Learning Resource
• Essentials of Corporate Finance 4th Edition, McGraw-Hill Education
• Understanding Research Methods for Evidence-based Practice in Health, Wiley Australia
Tertiary (Wholly Australian) Scholarly Resource
• Australia’s Welfare Wars: The Players, the Politics and the Ideologies 3rd Edition, UNSW Press
• Mia Mia Aboriginal Community Development: Fostering Cultural Security, Cambridge University Press
Tertiary (Wholly Australian) Student Resource
• Clinical Nursing Skills: An Australian Perspective, Cambridge University Press
• Healthy Ageing and Aged Care, Oxford University Press
• Spelling It Out: How Words Work and How to Teach Them, Cambridge University Press
• Teaching Language in Context 2nd Edition, Oxford University Press
• Teaching Secondary Mathematics, Cambridge University Press
Tertiary (Wholly Australian) Teaching and Learning Resource
• Company Law: An Interactive Approach, Wiley Australia
• Study Smart, Cengage, in collaboration with Smart Sparrow
We hope to see you all at the industry event of the year, held at The Pavilion, Arts Centre Melbourne on Wednesday, 20 September 2017.
Keep up with the latest EPAA news @EPAs_Aus or join the conversation #EPAA17
The Call for Entries to the 2017 EPAAs is in full swing. Whether you’re a large or small publisher, tech start-up or teacher association, we value your contribution to the education industry. If you publish educational resources for Australian primary or secondary school, tertiary or TAFE students, we want to hear from you!
Here is a short guide to the EPAAs:
What exactly does ‘EPAAs’ stand for?
The Educational Publishing Awards Australia.
Is this only an awards ceremony for print textbooks?
No – the Awards celebrates excellence and innovation in the publishing industry, including cutting-edge digital resources.
What are the criteria for entry?
We ask publishers to check the criteria carefully – see here. We are looking for Australian resources that raise the benchmark for quality, innovation and excellence.
Does it cost to enter?
Each entry is $99 for Australia Publishing Association (APA) members and $120 non-members.
What do I get if I win?
Winners receive a beautiful engraved trophy, and we send out a design for stickers to attach to print product, as well as artwork to attach to emails or marketing campaigns. The award is a mark of excellence that will make your product stand out from the crowd.
Okay, you’ve convinced me – how do I submit my entry?
1. Visit edpubawards.com/About and review the categories and criteria for entry carefully.
2. When you’re ready to enter, you’ll find a blue ‘Call for Entries’ button on the homepage.
3. Register your details on the APA’s dedicated Awards website. If you have already registered your details for a previous year’s awards, use the same login details. If you have forgotten your password, please click the ‘Have you forgotten your password?’ link.
4. Submit your entry or entries by filling out the online form. Provide as much information as you can to help the judges review your product, especially for digital, where screenshots and pathways through the content are enormously helpful.
5. Attach your completed entry form to the physical product and post it to us as outlined in the instructions.
The Call for Entries cut-off date is Monday, 12 June.
Don’t miss out on taking part in the industry event of the year and the chance to showcase your product!