The Call for Entries to the 2017 EPAAs is in full swing. Whether you’re a large or small publisher, tech start-up or teacher association, we value your contribution to the education industry. If you publish educational resources for Australian primary or secondary school, tertiary or TAFE students, we want to hear from you!
Here is a short guide to the EPAAs:
What exactly does ‘EPAAs’ stand for?
The Educational Publishing Awards Australia.
Is this only an awards ceremony for print textbooks?
No – the Awards celebrates excellence and innovation in the publishing industry, including cutting-edge digital resources.
What are the criteria for entry?
We ask publishers to check the criteria carefully – see here. We are looking for Australian resources that raise the benchmark for quality, innovation and excellence.
Does it cost to enter?
Each entry is $99 for Australia Publishing Association (APA) members and $120 non-members.
What do I get if I win?
Winners receive a beautiful engraved trophy, and we send out a design for stickers to attach to print product, as well as artwork to attach to emails or marketing campaigns. The award is a mark of excellence that will make your product stand out from the crowd.
Okay, you’ve convinced me – how do I submit my entry?
1. Visit edpubawards.com/About and review the categories and criteria for entry carefully.
2. When you’re ready to enter, you’ll find a blue ‘Call for Entries’ button on the homepage.
3. Register your details on the APA’s dedicated Awards website. If you have already registered your details for a previous year’s awards, use the same login details. If you have forgotten your password, please click the ‘Have you forgotten your password?’ link.
4. Submit your entry or entries by filling out the online form. Provide as much information as you can to help the judges review your product, especially for digital, where screenshots and pathways through the content are enormously helpful.
5. Attach your completed entry form to the physical product and post it to us as outlined in the instructions.
The Call for Entries cut-off date is Monday, 12 June.
Don’t miss out on taking part in the industry event of the year and the chance to showcase your product!
We’re back! For 23 years the prestigious annual Educational Publishing Awards have rewarded excellence and innovation in the industry. This year’s celebration will take place on Thursday 20 September 2017 at The Pavilion, Arts Centre Melbourne.
Call for entries is now open – nominations must be submitted by Friday, 2 June 2017*. Please read the conditions of entry and judging criteria before submitting your nomination.
Awards will be presented in Primary, Secondary, TAFE & Vocational and Tertiary Education categories as well as the Primary and Secondary Publisher of the Year.
For the first time this year we will welcome a new chief judge to the Awards, tasked with fulfilling the considerable role of Professor Mike Horsley, who sadly passed away in 2016. As co-founder and chief judge of the Awards for 22 years, Mike Horsley was a champion of leading-edge educational publishing and has given Australian educational publishers an opportunity to have their excellence recognised. We thank Mike for his significant contribution to the industry and will introduce the new chief judge soon.
We are grateful for publishers’ continued support of the Awards and look forward to celebrating the hard work involved in producing innovative, pedagogically outstanding resources designed to meet the needs of Australian students and teachers.
Start submitting, and we look forward to hosting you on 20 September!
Keep up to date and join the conversation:
*Update: Call for Entries must be submitted by Monday, 12 June 2017.