The Call for Entries to the 2017 EPAAs is in full swing. Whether you’re a large or small publisher, tech start-up or teacher association, we value your contribution to the education industry. If you publish educational resources for Australian primary or secondary school, tertiary or TAFE students, we want to hear from you!
Here is a short guide to the EPAAs:
What exactly does ‘EPAAs’ stand for?
The Educational Publishing Awards Australia.
Is this only an awards ceremony for print textbooks?
No – the Awards celebrates excellence and innovation in the publishing industry, including cutting-edge digital resources.
What are the criteria for entry?
We ask publishers to check the criteria carefully – see here. We are looking for Australian resources that raise the benchmark for quality, innovation and excellence.
Does it cost to enter?
Each entry is $99 for Australia Publishing Association (APA) members and $120 non-members.
What do I get if I win?
Winners receive a beautiful engraved trophy, and we send out a design for stickers to attach to print product, as well as artwork to attach to emails or marketing campaigns. The award is a mark of excellence that will make your product stand out from the crowd.
Okay, you’ve convinced me – how do I submit my entry?
1. Visit edpubawards.com/About and review the categories and criteria for entry carefully.
2. When you’re ready to enter, you’ll find a blue ‘Call for Entries’ button on the homepage.
3. Register your details on the APA’s dedicated Awards website. If you have already registered your details for a previous year’s awards, use the same login details. If you have forgotten your password, please click the ‘Have you forgotten your password?’ link.
4. Submit your entry or entries by filling out the online form. Provide as much information as you can to help the judges review your product, especially for digital, where screenshots and pathways through the content are enormously helpful.
5. Attach your completed entry form to the physical product and post it to us as outlined in the instructions.
The Call for Entries cut-off date is Monday, 12 June.
Don’t miss out on taking part in the industry event of the year and the chance to showcase your product!
The EPAAs aim to set a benchmark for excellence, celebrating industry innovation and high quality pedagogical content, but aside from a nice night out with colleagues and maybe even a shiny trophy for the cabinet in reception, what do the awards really mean to publishers?
In 2013 the PM Oral Literacy series won an award for the Primary Student Resource – English and was the joint winner of the Outstanding Book of the Year. It was a fantastic achievement to receive this honour and be recognised by our publishing peers. Everyone who was involved in creating the series felt incredibly proud.
By Michael Gordon-Smith, CEO, APA
The 21st annual Educational Publishing Awards Australia (EPAAs) will be held at the State Library of Victoria in Melbourne on 17th September 2014. After a very successful event at the Library last year, we are glad to be returning to this auspicious venue once again to celebrate excellence in Australian educational publishing.